Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
As research becomes increasingly global, interdisciplinary and collaborative, you can make sure that critical research from around the world is not missed when you choose Scopus.
What content is included in Scopus?
- more than 57 million records of Journals in Scopus,
- more than 100,000 books (see the book title list), with more than nearly 120,00 expected by the end of 2015 and 10,000 added each year thereafter,
- out of the 21,000+ active journals indexed in Scopus, approximately 3,800 are listed as open access (OA). In Scopus, journals are identified as OA if they are registered with either the Directory of Open Access,
- 6.8 million conference papers from over 83,000 worldwide events,
- 27 million patents from five patent offices (US Patent & Trademark Office, European Patent Office, Japan Patent Office, World Intellectual Property Organization, UK Intellectual Property Office).
- Multidisciplinary Indexes
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences
- Forensic Sciences
- History and Social Sciences
- Languages and Linguistics
- Literature and Philology
- Medicine and Health
- Music, Theatre and Dance
- Political Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine